Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!
















I came into the hospital about 4pm yesterday because the back pain and cramps were bad and I thought for sure I was going into labor yesterday. They kept me and monitored me through the night with the plan of still inducing in labor if we made no progress. The nurse woke me up at 5 am to move to the birthing room and shower. By 7am my husband had arrived and they broke my water and administered Pitocin. I asked for a epidural by 9am and was checked and at 6cm. About 10:30 am she was making her exit and fast! The doctor delivered her in 4 pushes at 11:13am. She weighed in 6lbs 9oz and 19 and half inches long. We have a Halloween baby! Jim stayed most of the night and my parents took the kids trick or treating. Jim came the next day and we had dinner at the hospital as a family and everyone met baby Olivia. We carved our pumpkins early yesterday, thank goodness I didnt miss it.