Thursday, January 29, 2009

Its my 100th post!

Hmmm then, lets see...

I was reading through one my followed blogs and a post reminded me of a funny job I once had...
I used to work as a makeup artist for Clinique New York. Clinique consultants were trained and traveled to Clinique booths everywhere to sell products and teach women (customers and the counter girls) how to use them. Skincare, make-up whatever.
In my travels to every mall from here to Egypt I've seen some pretty crazy things. I've had a lady insist that the fluorescent lights in Macys was tricking her into buying make-up that didn't 'really look right' when she took it home. So she would jump out of my stool and run to the nearest entrance, taking my mirror with her of course, and then would bring back the verdict.
One mall in particular had a Clarins booth next to ours and I LOVED the counter manager. He was a gay man with a outstanding personality and he had a natural gift in selling. I suppose the best word to describe hm would be 'appropriate'. He didnt take any crap off of anyone, and most Clarins customers are 'appropriate' also, seeings the cheapest product is $75.
I glance over at his counter to see his expression and he was rendered speechless by his customer. She had her hands in the tester creams and was rubbing it all over her stomach and boobs! I had to run away from my customer so I could go hide and laugh. After she left he removed his testers from the counter.